Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Lyfe-Style of Music

It’s not just a hobby or pastime music is a lifestyle. A song has the ability to bring people who have nothing in common together, even if only on the dance floor. Musicians set an image that the crowd identifies with and in turn emulate. Different types of music offer different views and different mentalities to their listeners; in a sense people choose what type of music they are. I’ve always liked listening to different types of music and trying to relate to what it is that they are speaking about. I like to hang out with people who listen to different music than me because it exposes me to what that lifestyle is like; there are different mentalities, different customs, and an all around different experience.

It is important to understand that different people have different outlooks and views in life. If you criticize someone’s taste in music you might as well punch them in their face and call their mom a whore. Music is something that people take to the heart because it is what THEY like; it is their lifestyle, who they choose to be. What sets me off fast is when people don’t take the time to listen to what can potentially a good song in their playlist. People sometimes throw a whole genre out the window because they haven’t heard enough of it to understand it. I believe that the blogs that I have posted since October have exposed people to something that they have not thought about before or maybe even new existed. I believe that music is important and everyone should realize the power that music and musicians hold. This power must also not be confused with reliability. First of all I would just like to say if you do something because you hear it in a song you’re a dumbass. You wouldn’t try shooting up heroin because a blind man did it in a movie, why would do something just because you heard it. Curiosity killed the cat. Life is a giant choice, everyday we start making choices before we even leave our homes, if you CHOOSE to do something it is because you obviously have some sort of reasoning to do it. In most cases you already know what the possible outcomes are for certain decisions that you make, which means that when you chose to do what you do you already know that if the shit blows up you might get stuck. I’m tired of people blaming music for bad parenting and bad decisions that they have made.

In the past I have written about news in the music industry, digital music pirating, stereotypes in music, insane people who blame music for their failures, music that addresses political issues, and how to REALLY listen to music and get the most out of it. Music is the time machine that can take us back a decade or two, even if some of us didn’t even exist in the 70’s bands like Led Zeppelin make it possible to look into what that world was like. Music is the window that we can open when we want to see into a different world.

I’ve never really been into blogging because sometimes I think who cares? But being able to put my thoughts and ideas together in a written form has made it easier for me to see what I am thinking and how to keep on developing my interest in music. I will like to keep on exploring music and what it has to offer to me. I’d like to say that I have become passionate about music over the past few years or so, each song that I discover I treat like a piece of treasure. To think some of the music that I have listened to made it this far in time and its still not forgotten amazes me. To think that some of my favorite songs are from the 70’s and 80’s and they still make an impact in people’s lives 20 and 30 years after they were released is something almost inspiring. I don’t know what destiny has in mind for my blogging career but it is definitely something that has helped me be active with my obsession for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment