Sunday, September 20, 2009

Kanye Fiasco

I would like to take this moment to apologize on behalf of Kanye West.

TAYLOR, I’M SORRY I STOLE THE MICROPHONE FROM YOUR HANDS AND STOLE YOUR MOMENT, BUT YOU LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE ABOUT TO GIVE A BORING SPEECH. ON THE UP-SIDE WHEN YOUR MOMENT ENDED THE MEDIA WAS ON ME, AND I NEED ATTENTION, AND IM GOING ON TOUR IN NOVEMBER. I WAS WRONG. I STILL THINK THAT BEYONCE SHOULD HAVE WON, AND BY THIS I MEAN YOU SHOULD HAVE LOST TO HER. I GAVE MY AWARD TO OUTKAST SO YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOURS TO BEYONCE AND THAT’S WHY I HAD TO STEP IN. I AM A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE, AND YOU ARE NOT A REAL POP STAR. IM NOT CRAZY YALL, IM JUST REAL, REAL MAD BEYONCE DIDN’T WIN. THIS IS THE REAL WORLD SO YOU SHOULD EXPECT SHIT LIKE THIS. MUCH RESPECT (WELL FROM YOU TO ME ATLEAST).

In Kanye West’s latest fiasco he stole the Taylor Swift’s moment of glory when she was receiving her VMA award. Many people are saying that Kanye is wrong for saying that Beyonce should have won and for stealing he moment on stage. Others are mad because they believe it to be a racial issue. Some people are actually agreeing with Kanye, the believe Beyonce should have won, period. I believe that Kanye West did this because he is used to getting attention in these emotional outburst, he’s not the only one to blame because his fans seem to enjoy this, he has become accustomed to this. Many celebrities know that controversy sells, so they create controversy.

Video of Kanye snatching the mic


Kanye West has always felt the need to express his feelings with the rest of the world, yes even when they do not want to hear it and it is inappropriate. It seems that he has become accustomed to being the “voice” of pop culture, or anything else he wants to say. In a sense Kanye is right, we should have the right to say any damn thing we want, yet we hold back because it is outside our social norm (society rules us). Maybe he was just following in the footsteps of congressman Joe Wilson, breaking out from the norm, calling President Obama a Liar during his healthcare address. This act of defiance by Wilson was the first in history, never has a person disrespected our president in the way that he did at the address. It would seem that society in general is also trying to break away from the norm and speak out their mind on anything that they have to say. Rapper Jay – Z gives a shout out to Bill O’ Riley and Rush Limbaugh in his new song Off That. In the song Jay – Z Says “tell Bill O’ Riley to fall back, tell Rush Limbaugh to get of my balls” it seems that celebrities nation wide feel the need to rebel against the man, or maybe it is that they know that controversy sells.


Whenever any issue of this size comes about the issue of race is not far behind it. Many people are saying that Kanye West is a racist for doing what he did to this little white girl. I do not believe Kanye West is a Racist, even though I bet he prefers Beyonce’s music to Talor’s. “Kanye is a racist because he took this white girls moment away”, Kanye never said that Beyonce should have won because she was black. The Racist part I would add would be that Beyonce was the only colored woman to be nominated in the category for best female video.
Below is the link to the MTVS VMA Best Female Video Nominees


I Actually agree with Kanye West. Taylor Swift should have lost, however I think she should have lost to Pink. I think that if Kanye West never went up and snatched the mic from Taylor everybody would have been mad as hell that she won over Beyonce, but would never had said anything about it. Since Kanye was the one to put Taylor on blast it became this enormous issue on whether he was racist or promoting himself and all this talk about Kanye being a “jack ass”. Personally I don’t believe Kanye is wrong for saying that Beyonce should have won, he is after all entitled to his opinion. However, I do believe Kanye West went about his business in a morally wrong way, because if we view this from the business prospective then Kanye just received an incredible amount of free advertising making it the best way to state his opinion.

I understand how a person that does not know Kanye West would assume he is a racist because of what he did to this white girl. A black man defending a black woman. I see how the race card plays a role. I do agree with most of our nation though that he was wrong in the way in which he did this. At the same time I must give Kanye West Props because I think he is probably the only one crazy enough to do something like that and not give a fuck about it.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, first off, run spell check next time, because I caught a few typos in there, and if you are trying to get your point across to someone on the internet the first way they are deturred is because of typos, makes you look ignorant. Secondly, really? Pink? Taylor? Beyonce? lets be honest here, anyone who thinks any of these mainstream fabricated artist who are modeled from MTVs standards is a fool, none of these people are true musicians, they just look good in skin tight leather...

    -Bane

    http://metal-101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I totally agree with you about what Kanye did being un-needed.. But I myself am a true Taylor Swift fan and in turn I actually believe that she deserved the award for best video. Yes Beyonce had an amazing song, but the video wasn't all that great. Taylor Swift puts a lot into the making of her videos and I really do think she genuinely deserved it.

    ReplyDelete